Vave Health, Inc.
Last Updated: May 4, 2018
You must be 18 years old to use this Site. The Site is not directed at children under the age of 13 and Company does not knowingly allow anyone under the age of 13 to provide any personally-identifying information to Company. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to use the Site or provide any information about yourself.
WHAT WE COLLECT
In connection with the Site, we collect information about you in a range of ways:
Information You Give Us. You may submit to us a variety of information, including your personal and business contact information (such as first and last name, email address, and phone number), medical or health information that you choose to provide to us (such as information about your medical conditions or diagnosis), and information provided in connection with a career opportunity (such as work experience, education, and other details an applicant may choose to provide). Healthcare professionals may also provide information about their work and research (such as specialty, state of practice, and professional affiliations).
Information We Collect From Others. We may collect information about you from other sources, such as consultants who gather information about healthcare professionals who attend certain medical conferences, publish in certain areas, or participate in certain types of research in the field of diagnostic and interventional imaging. We may add this to information we collect via this Site.
Information Automatically Collected. We, our service providers, and business partners may collect information about the use of our Site by automated means, including via cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. For example, when visiting our Site, we may collect information about your IP address, device operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website that referred you to our Site (if any), and information about how you use the Site, such as pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and actions you take on our Site.
A “cookie” is a small data file stored on your device by a website that may uniquely identify your browser or be used to store information or settings in your browser. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you fully close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device until you delete them or they expire) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We, our service providers, and business partners may collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites when you use our website. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
Because there is not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based do-not-track (“DNT”) mechanisms, we may not respond to web browser-based DNT signals at this time.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information as follows:
- To respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- To send information including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To communicate about upcoming events and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- To tailor the content we display to you in our communications, and in connection with your use of the Site.
- Analyze and enhance our communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read).
- Process employment applications, as described in the “Careers” section below.
- For our internal business purposes.
- To support our business, and such information may be shared with technical support providers only to the extent such information is necessary for trouble shooting.
- To comply with legal requirements, judicial process, and our company policies.
- To protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud, illegal activity (such as incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites and mobile applications), and claims and other liabilities, including by enforcing the terms and conditions that govern the use of the Site.
We may also aggregate and/or de-identify any information that we collect in connection with the Site, such that the information no longer identifies any specific individual. We may use, disclose, and otherwise process such information for our own legitimate business purposes – including historical and statistical analysis and business planning – without restriction.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may request that we share your personal information with third parties for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to the third parties’ privacy practices.
- We may share personal information with our affiliates, for the purposes described in this Policy.
- We may transfer the personal information we maintain in the event we sell or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets, such as via a merger, financing, or acquisition transaction. If we engage in such a sale or transfer, we will, where required by law, make reasonable efforts to direct the recipient to use your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with legal requirements.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share personal information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
We may share personal information with our service providers that perform services on our behalf. We do not authorize our service providers to use or share your personal information for their own purposes. We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
If you submit your information in connection with job opportunities at Vave Health via the Site, we will use and disclose the information to process your application (including to contact you and/or your references and former employers, if appropriate), to monitor recruitment statistics, and to comply with government reporting requirements. We also retain statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts, our business dealings with you, or required updates to our medical apps.
You may send requests about personal information to us via the information specified in the “Contact Information” section below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Some of the business partners that may collect information about your activities on our websites may be members of organizations or programs that provide choices to individuals regarding the use of their browsing behavior for purposes of targeted advertising. For example, you may opt out of receiving targeted advertising through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. European users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising through members of the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here, and then selecting the country in which you live. Please note that we may also work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked to above.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We may transfer your personal information to countries other than the country in which the data was originally collected for the purposes described in this Policy. For example, if you are located outside of the United States, we typically transfer your personal information to the United States, where Vave Health is headquartered. The countries to which we transfer personal information may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the personal information.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Vave Health maintains administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we maintain against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. However, we cannot guarantee that the measures we maintain will ensure the security of the personal information.
LINKS TO WEBSITES AND THIRD-PARTY CONTENT
For your convenience and information, we may provide links to websites and other third-party content that is not owned or operated by Vave Health. The websites and third-party content to which we link may have separate privacy notices or policies. Vave Health is not responsible for the privacy practices of any entity that it does not own or control.
CONTACT INFORMATION. We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. You may also contact us at our address:
Vave Health, Inc.
585 Broadway St
Redwood City, CA 94063