Vave Ultrasound Technology
What is the Vave Ultrasound Technology?
Vave probes use piezoelectric elements, the same technology used by high-end cart-based systems. Piezoelectric elements remain the best technology for deeper scanning, reduced noise, and delivering superior image quality.
What are the benefits of being wireless?
A wireless ultrasound system is truly portable. It gives you complete freedom of movement during the procedure and the ability to optimally use the probe in hard to reach areas. There are no cords to maneuver around your patient, and you can cover the probe and your smart device separately to reduce exposure to infectious disease.
Do I need WIFI to use the probe?
The Vave probe includes its own ad hoc WiFi network so there’s no need for you to connect to an external network for scanning.
Which systems is the Vave Health App compatible with?
We are compatible with both iOS and Android.
Is cloud storage required?
No, use of Vave’s cloud storage is not required. We will not force you to share your data. You will have the option of turning off cloud storage, although sharing and collaboration features that rely on cloud storage will not be available.
How long is the Vave Warranty?
Vave Membership includes standard device warranty through the term of the membership.
What is Vave Refresh?
Vave refresh is the world’s first personal ultrasound upgrade plan. Vave Members are automatically eligible for this program, where you can receive a brand new probe every 2 years with subscription renewal. Have peace of mind knowing that you will always have the latest technology.
Will my data be secure?
The Vave Personal Ultrasound Solution, including the Vave Health App is HIPAA compliant. Our secure user authentication and passwords follow NIST standards.
Plus Membership Details
What happens after the first year of Plus Membership?
- If you decide not to renew your Plus Membership, then you will need to return the probe in working condition.
- You will continue to have access to your previously saved images in the cloud.
When am I able to upgrade to a new probe?
- At the end of 2 years of the Plus Membership, if you decide to renew, you will be eligible to upgrade your probe.
- To obtain the upgrade, you will need to return your existing probe, in working condition.
Can I return my probe?
- We have a 14-day trial period during which you can return the probe in working condition for a full refund.
- At the end of 12 months of Plus Membership, you can cancel the membership and return the probe, in working condition.
For each Plus Membership, how many users can use the probe?
- One user account is assigned to each Plus Membership.
Additional user accounts per probe can be purchased for a minimal price.
Ordering Your Vave Personal Ultrasound
What is included in the Vave Personal Ultrasound Solution?
The Vave Personal Ultrasound Solution includes the following:
- Wireless Transducer
- Vave Health App (download from Apple and Google Play Stores)
- Rechargeable Battery
- Battery Charger (can be tabletop or wall-mounted)
- Wrist Strap
- Vave Quick Start Guide
- One Year Warranty
- Vave Care (customer service)
Who can purchase a Vave Probe?
The Vave Personal Ultrasound can be purchased by any licensed healthcare practitioner or facility in the United States permitted to perform diagnostic ultrasound in their state of practice. The Vave Personal Ultrasound is a prescriptive device and not available for use by consumers.
How to buy the Vave Probe?
You can reserve your Vave Wireless Ultrasound Solution here
Currently, the Vave Wireless Ultrasound Solution will only be sold in the United States. We are working to expand to other countries in the future.
Is the Vave probe waterproof?
Yes, both the Vave probe and rechargeable battery are fully submergible and waterproof.
How easy is it to clean and disinfect the probe?
The Vave probe supports both High- and Low-level disinfection control.
- For low-level disinfection, we recommend using Cavi Wipes®
- For high-level disinfection, we recommend using Cidex®
Can’t find the answer you need? Let us know how we can help.